Commercial Backup Generator Installation & Repair
A backup power generator can quite literally keep you in business! The lights will stay on, despite short- or long-term power loss due to weather, accidents, rolling blackouts, or grid failure.
What Backup Power Means for Your Business
What will you do when the lights go out? When the AC shuts down? When the electrical grid fails on the hottest day of the year in Las Vegas?
Will you “power through” the day, or will you send employees home and shutter your business until the power’s restored?
And if you own a busy restaurant or grocery store, what about the perishables in the walk-in freezer? The lost inventory? The expense? The mess?
Why Backup Makes Sense for Your Business
A backup power generator can quite literally keep you in business! The lights will stay on, despite short- or long-term power loss due to weather, accidents, rolling blackouts, or grid failure. The AC will continue to cool. The frozen food will remain frozen.
It’s no exaggeration to say that a backup generator can be a business saver, preparing you for the worst while keeping customers happy and employees safe and productive.
How Does a Backup Generator Work?
A backup generator is a self-contained power system that provides emergency electricity.
The generator runs on gasoline, diesel, or natural gas and can be connected to your building’s electrical system for seamless backup power.
During a power outage, the generator will automatically start and supply power to keep the lights burning, the computers humming, and the AC running.
How to Choose a Commercial Generator
Not all generators are created equal! Considerations include:
- Size: How much power do you need for your building?
- Type: Gasoline, diesel, or natural gas?
- Emissions: How will the generator’s emissions affect air quality?
- Noise level: Is the generator going to be located indoors or outdoors? Will it disturb customers or neighbors?
- Features: Automatic start? Remote monitoring?
- Installation: Where will the generator be located, and how will it be connected to your building’s electrical system?
- Maintenance: How often will the generator need to be serviced, and who will perform the maintenance?
- Budget: How much are you willing to spend?
- Warranty: What kind of coverage are you looking for?
The expert electricians of G3 can help you select the perfect generator for your business, warehouse, or factory, considering all these factors and more.
We’ve installed power generators in the Las Vegas Valley for over a decade! And we specialize in commercial contracting, so we’re familiar with even the most powerful industrial generators and understand the challenges of their installation.
We work with businesses of every size, from corner convenience stores to giant shopping malls, hospitals, and factories.
Don’t wait until the power goes out! Call us today, and let’s talk backup power for your protection.
Types of Commercial Generators
Portable generators are small, self-contained power systems that can be easily moved and connected to your building’s electrical system in various settings.
Portable generators are a good choice for businesses that experience occasional power outages or need backup power for specific appliances or equipment.
Standby generators are large, permanently installed power systems that automatically start and supply power to your business in the event of a power outage. They’re fueled by gasoline, diesel, or natural gas and are typically installed outdoors.
They require regular maintenance but offer peace of mind for businesses for whom a power outage would be devastating or dangerous.
Hospitals, server farms, and shopping malls are examples of businesses that rely on standby generators — and couldn’t do without them.
How Much Does Backup Generator Installation Cost?
The cost of generator installation depends on several factors, including:
- The size and type of generator you choose
- The location of the generator (indoors or outdoors)
- The complexity of the installation
- Any permits or inspections required by your city or county
- The cost of any necessary electrical work
Generator installation is a significant investment but well worth it if your business needs a reliable, always-on power source.
Why It Pays to Hire the Specialists at G3
- We have the experience and expertise to appropriately size and install your generator.
- We understand the unique challenges that come with installing commercial generators.
- We can help you navigate the permit process and ensure that your installation meets all local codes and regulations.
- We have the necessary tools and equipment to safely and efficiently install your generator.
G3 is a commercial electrical contractor with more than a decade of experience in generator sales, installation, and maintenance.
We’re here to help you select the perfect generator for your business and handle the installation from start to finish.
G3 Is a Qmerit-Certified Electrician
Qmerit-certified electricians are:
- Properly licensed, fully insured, and thoroughly background-checked.
- Compliant with all applicable worker’s compensation guidelines.
- Required to secure permits to verify that installations meet local building codes.
- Teamed with industry experts for training on the latest technologies.
Only select electrical service providers earn the exclusive Qmerit certification, a symbol of excellence in electrification. You can depend on Qmerit-certified partners to provide trusted installation solutions that meet the highest standards for safety and service quality.